The true story behind the movie Dolphin Tale
If you know about the movie “Dolphin Tale” or are interested in Dolphins, Marine Mammals, or Ocean Science, you will love this FREE App! Inside you will learn more about the rescue and rehabilitation of Winter, the most famous dolphin since Flipper, and take an in depth journey into the world of Wild Dolphins.
Meet the Real Stars
You will meet some of the people who have made Winter’s miraculous recovery possible, starting with actual original video footage of Winter’s rescue and including the professional care-takers who transformed her life. Because of the dedication, skill, and passion of these and many other individuals, Winter is not only alive, but thriving and inspiring kids, veterans, and adults who are struggling to overcome physical limitations.
Winter the Dolphin, only one of many
While Winter was rescued, saved and is now famous, she is just one of many stories of rescue and rehabilitation from an ongoing effort by marine mammal researchers, conservationists and rescuers to study and support the wellbeing of these magical animals. Through images, articles, interactive features and original video footage of the rescue of Winter and other wild dolphins, you will learn about their environment, their care, and what we are learning about the inextricable links between dolphins and humans.
Wild Dolphin features
- Original video of Winter’s rescue and other dolphin rescues, as well as over 20 other videos of marine mammal life, history and research
- Interviews and video of the amazing team who invented, designed and fitted Winter’s prosthetic tail fluke
- An interactive blueprint of one of Winter’s prosthetic tail fluke designs, as well as images of many tail prototypes
- Interviews and videos of professionals who research, track, rescue, save and medically treat dolphins
- Marine mammal acoustics and sound files of dolphins whistles, clicks, buzzes and chirps, and an extraordinary conversation between a mother and her calf
- Dolphin 101: basic facts about dolphins, and interactive graphics of their anatomy
- Interactive maps, facts and figures about dolphins around the world
- Top Ten threats dolphins face world wide, and what we can all do to help them thrive
- Interactive 40 year time line and historical videos of the accomplishments of Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute, as it lives its mission, “Ocean Science for a better world”. One example is the under-water recovery of the space shuttle Challenger’s wreckage and its missing O ring.
Please include your email address if you\’d like us to respond